8.25.2007

Why a free online virtual pet rather than a real pet?

Why should I decide to adopt a free online virtual pet rather than a real one? Well, actually once you'll know my family situation, you'll understand that the decision is one quite easy to make!

Though it might be great to have a real pet at home (I'd love to adopt a golden retriever...) it is not even thinkable...

I have 3 (of course very beautiful) daughters at home. The youngest one is only 3 and the "oldest" one is not even 6 years old yet. So, I don't know if you have children, but if you do, I'm sure you already understand how I feel... Luckily enough, they're "full of live" and I'm very happy about it, but that also means they're always running and/or screaming all around the home... Do I want a pet to run and "sing along" with them: NO thanks!

Then, let's suppose we have to drive somewhere with the whole family and the dog... How am I supposed to fit everybody's in the car? Will I drive with a golden retriever on my knees: Nope!

After a long working day, when the girls finally decided to fall asleep... who will go for a walk with the dog? Me?... No, way!

Ok, there are still a lot of things that are not that funny in having a real pet (such as the feeding, the washing, etc...) but I'm sure you get the picture already... Having a pet is A LOT of responsibilities, and, having a family with 3 children, I already have more than enough "responsibilities", so I decided to forget about having a real pet but think that maybe I could quite easily and effortlessly go for adopting a free online virtual pet...

The reasons I've exposed above are mainly reasons to adopt a "virtual" pet rather than a "real" one... on my next posts, I'll explain why I prefer this pet to be "online" and "free" (though that last one should be clear for anyone!)


No comments: